Types of hosting services
A hosting solution appertains to storing and/or sharing particular web content on a web hosting server handled by a web hosting company. There are various categories of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's examine these. In this way, you can elect what you need, depending on whether you desire to set up a web site, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by particular file storage providers, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file storage solutions are frequently supported by displaying advertisements by the download links, while a timer forces you to await a specific amount of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely twisted explanation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would split the load between separate bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous website hosting services (electronic mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a brand of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain suppliers provide a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting brand is appropriate if you wish to share a huge number of images with chums or partners since the solution is mostly free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your email address accounts. Some vendors offer webspace hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an email hosting service. If you want to manage an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can set up email accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred site viewers, you may have trouble with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video file will enable you to keep as many videos as you would like without hassling about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to run a site. To a certain degree, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At NTC Hosting, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that permit you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one place. There may be restrictions depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the typical email/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for particular web content only.